During a private meeting with the press, where we were invited, Dell Technologies presented the updates and improvements of its Partner Program for 2022, which comes with improvements and advantages for all partners at all levels and lines of business. During the event, the firm emphasized the new vision that Dell Technologies has for its partners:
- Deepen trust: Strengthen trust with partners and distributors to drive strong collaboration.
- Maximize growth: focusing on end-user acquisition, driving cross-selling and accelerating the data center of the future.
- Accelerate Digital Transformation: by enabling new and improved channel consumption models, accelerate Dell Technologies platform adoption, transform the Channel Program and proactively address key partner trends.
According to the company, the Dell Technologies Channel program is celebrating its 5th anniversary since the moment when two large companies joined together, and therefore, their Channel ecosystem with all that this implies: merging business portfolios as well as their partners, solutions and programs. As a result of this union, the company has focused on three key actions to further enhance the Channels program:
- Increase incentives for the diversity of partners the company has in its portfolio.
- Develop competitive training programs.
- Improve operational processes.
Cheryl Cook, Senior Vice President of Channel Marketing at Dell Technologies, noted during the event that Dell Technologies is uniquely positioned in the multi-cloud and data era; with lasting advantages, market-leading positions and financial flexibility to drive sustained profitable growth. “We are building the technology and partner ecosystem of the future. With our powerful direct sales force and channel ecosystem, we have an enduring competitive advantage that is second to none. Our partnerships are key to our continued growth and success.”
The company points out that this program has yielded great results for the company both globally and regionally. So much so that in Latin America, more than 60% of the company’s total sales in the third quarter were generated through channels. In this regard, Rola Dagher, Global Channel Chief of Dell Technologies, acknowledged that Channel Program partners are working hard to adapt their business models to the new offerings based on models as a service that customers now demand. And she said: “That is why we have developed our partner program with the new market demands in mind and in this way, align ourselves with customer needs”.
Enhancements to Dell’s channel program
The Channel Program enhancements have as part of their main objectives to simplify the partner experience across multiple program areas. “The program updates consider that whether a partner is a solution provider, cloud service provider, or any combination of business lines, partners will have a more streamlined experience. There will be one incentive structure, with robust rebate rates and one set of requirements for each level, which will now combine revenue and partner enablement,” Rola Dagher said.
She also emphasized that the Channel Program updates will unlock tremendous opportunities for the future, as they enable partners to position the best solution for their customer, while earning lucrative and consistent incentives, regardless of their business model.
For her part, Denise Millard, senior vice president of Global Alliances at Dell Technologies, called the program updates an important catalyst for delivering care and support better aligned with customer needs. “The Channel Program now has the consumer flexibility needed to innovate so partners can better serve their customers how and where they need it, such as on-premises, next to or in the public cloud.”
As part of updates to the Channel Program that will optimize the partner experience to drive growth, robustness improvements will be implemented across sales models that will enable partners to:
- Focus on providing the best solution for their customers, while obtaining more and better incentives, regardless of the business model they manage.
- Significantly increase financial benefits for cloud service provider partners.
Additionally, Dell indicates that there will be improvements in other critical areas to further simplify the engagement model and accelerate partner growth. For resale, Dell Technologies will focus on:
- Increased opportunity to capture new customers and lines of business, simplifying incentives for new businesses.
- More opportunities for them to cross-sell and purchase products and solutions across the Dell Technologies family of brands.
- Accelerated growth and earnings potential with access to our comprehensive portfolio, including VMware.
- A more streamlined and personalized end-to-end experience. This includes access to the Incentive Center, which provides members with a comprehensive view of their entire incentive program in one place.
Finally, Álvaro Camarena, SVP of Channel Sales for Latin America for Dell Technologies, emphasized that Dell Technologies’ market leadership position, coupled with differentiated strategy and competitive advantages, have led the company to steady growth. “Our strategy is focused on continuing to grow faster than the market through all avenues to market and across our entire product portfolio. Driven by an unwavering focus on our customers, we continue to bet heavily on our Channels. Globally, our partners earned approximately 34% more rebates in the third quarter of the year. Our Channels are winning along with us,” he concluded.