Huawei launches the Latin America and Caribbean edition of its global flagship event, the Huawei Developer Competition. The company announced that the winning team of the 2022 edition could win up to USD 15,000.
The Huawei Developer Competition, whose theme is Spark Infinity, aims to promote a solid, open and robust cloud ecosystem in China, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, Middle East, Africa and Europe. The company announced that this first edition for LATAM considers 4 categories: EI, PaaS, Media and Database.
Huawei wants to encourage developers to adopt cutting-edge technologies in creative projects and applications, using Huawei Cloud solutions and capabilities. For the company, the cloud could even pave the way for them to develop and monetize applications. In case that is the goal of the contestants, they can choose Cloud Foundation Track for cloud application innovation.
“We are thrilled to announce the launch of this first Huawei LATAM Developer Competition,” said Fernando Liu, president of Huawei Cloud Latam. “Developing digital talent has always been part of our long-term commitment in the region. With this competition, we would like to encourage young talent to try to push the digital and cloud boundaries, and learn and create industry-transforming innovations.”
The application is open to members of the public, starting from August 10 to October 2. With guidance from Huawei’s dedicated experts, they will develop their applications with the potential to drive industry-transforming innovations. The contestants will also gain hands-on experience to kick-start their career.
The event will eventually lead to a Demo Day on November 4, when the top six teams will pitch their projects live in front of a Huawei panel of judges. The top six teams can win prizes of up to USD 15,000.
APPLICATION AND PRIZE
Huawei opens its technologies, capabilities, and tools via APIs (applications) for developers to easily build, run, and transfer applications on the cloud. Participants can use these APIs as their app builders in this challenge online.
This is a great opportunity for those interested in receiving specialized mentoring from Huawei professionals and adding this experience as a highlight on their resume. In addition, up to USD $15,000 cash prize is available for the winners. To apply, click here.
Huawei Cloud provides a list of over 40 key technologies covering EI, PaaS, Media and Database. Participants must use at least one technology to innovate an application or solve a real problem.
- El Huawei Cloud EI services energize enterprises. Powered by AI and big data, these open, trustworthy, intelligent services enable enterprise systems to see, hear, speak, analyze, and understand. You are encouraged to use EI resources and services (such as ModelArts and MapReduce) on Huawei Cloud to innovate.
- PaaS Huawei Cloud PaaS services form a one-stop DevOps solution from software framework, middleware, application/process management, developer tools, and development environments. These services include DevCloud, CloudIDE, AppCube, FunctionGraph, ServiceStage, Blockchain Service (BCS), and API Explorer.
- Media Huawei Cloud Meeting is an online meeting service that supports a maximum of 500 parties in one meeting. You can use Huawei Cloud Meeting to develop individual or industry-specific apps.
- Database Huawei Cloud GaussDB(for openGauss) is a distributed cloud database built on the openGauss ecosystem. It runs on public and hybrid clouds and serves public sector and financial customers. This challenge encourages you to build tools or solutions for migration, backup and restore, disaster recovery, management, and intelligent O&M/monitoring/diagnosis based on GaussDB(for openGauss).
- Application on the website: August 10 – October 2, 2022
- Shortlisting #1: October 3 to October 14, 2022
- Online Hacking: October 17 to October 21, 2022
- Shortlisting #2: October 24 to October 28, 2022
- Final event: November 4, 2022
Human imagination amazes and amuses. And now, it awakens us to the world of tomorrow. As a developer, you are our imaginative pathfinder, with access to cutting-edge tech and the opportunity to use it to light the way.