The firm specialized in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, announced the results of its sustainable impact program for the second quarter of 2022.
In this regard, Schneider’s Sustainability Impact scored 4.17 out of ten, relative to its year-end target of 4.70. The SSI dashboard measures the company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance, detailing progress made on each of the company’s global and local sustainability goals relative to long-term commitments on climate, resources, trust, equal opportunity and local communities.
“Our planet is literally on fire. For this reason, we have to face reality and continue to drive sustainability efforts. As an impact company, we are convinced that we can help each other with technology, collaboration and trust. Moving forward in our sustainability program it is not only about complying with ESG statutes, but about embarking and working with our entire ecosystem of employees, customers, suppliers and partners to progress together”, said Gwenaelle Avice-Huet, director of strategy and sustainability at Schneider Electricity.”
Sustainability Highlights Q2 2022
• EcoStruxure solutions from Schneider Electric helped customers and suppliers make significant progress in decarbonizing and reducing their CO2 emissions by 381 million tons since 2018. In June, Schneider Electric and Hitachi Energy agreed to collaborate on green electricity solutions for renewable energy, data centers, mining and other industry sectors.
The company furthered its biodiversity commitment to use only deforestation-free wood throughout its supply chain and operations by 2030.
• In addition, the company provided +1.1 million people with access to green electricity in the second quarter of 2022, which brings it to +6.4 million since January 2021.
• In 2022, 82 percent of firm employees said they felt safe to report unethical conduct. Good progress since last year (+1 point) in its commitment to providing a trusting environment and a Speak Up culture.
• Launched its Sustainability School to educate employees on social and climate issues and encourage them to take action and make an impact in all aspects of their lives.
• The firm’s country and regional teams continue to play a dedicated role in ensuring maximum impact from its locally-led sustainability initiatives, including projects in France, the US, China and India.